Halal Certification Application
• Apply online using the ‘Online Halal Certification Application Form’.
• Application form submitted
• Quotation provided
• Certification Agreement to be signed
• All documents and applications to be sent
• Detailed vetting of documents and additional information
• On-site audit to ensure compliance with Halal standards
• Laboratory testing of products when necessary
• Halal certification status letter sent after certification decision committee has evaluated application.
• Halal Certificate issued for approved products only
• The overall certification period will last for three years.
• Maintenance of certificate issuing will be subject to satisfactory surveillance audit, after the initial certification period.
• Decisions for granting, maintaining, extending, reducing scope, suspending or withdrawal of certification will be based on conformance to HCE Halal Standards.
Suspension or Withdrawal of Certification
• HCE has the right to suspend or withdraw a Halal Certificate. Reasons for suspension or withdrawal include:
• Improper use of reference to HCE or improper use of the Halal logo
• Failure to meet requirements of Halal standard
• Failure to comply with the contractual agreement